2008-05-11

Updates

I am so upset not to be able to blog every day...or at least every other day. There is no single day ending without me thinking about a post for my blog. I desperatly need TIME !!

My Declaration of Independance is on its way but I already announced casually to my daughter and husband that I will nicely put their folded clothes in a big basket. Now they are free to move them to where they belong.
The second element is the "picking-up". It's very time and patience-consuming but I think it's worth it : everytime my daughter leaves something on the floor or out of its spot, I'll call her to pick it up, whatever she is doing at this time and regardless of the time it'll cost me to wait for her to do it. My idea is when she will be tired of doing it, she'll be more careful with her things. Honestly, I like the idea knowing that I really don't want to clean up after anybody than myself.
I would love having just a few things to do @ home : the laundry (up to the folding part), preparing dinners and breakfast and grocery shopping. I think my time is better used at :
- me time : putting some polish on, relaxing, reading, exercising, blogging, working our business project.
- quality time with the kids : as an example, I spent an hour this morning with Mr Son, drawing, play-dooing and cutting shapes in a magazine. My daughter knows she needs to take care of herself without me reminding her if she wants to do something exciting on her day-off. So she will clean-up after her breakfast, get dressed, wash her teeth and brush her hair. She''ll pick her clothes and make her bed.
It's SO relaxing for me and it's nothing, just deciding that everybody has to take care of his/her own person and her/his own mess if needed. Ok, it''ll take her double the time to do it but I think it's worth it, especially if I can do something else (or nothing) in the meantime...
What do you think ?

1 comment:

Mandy (ZenMonkeyMind) said...

fabulous idea!!! I might have to try this!!!