2008-04-16

The letter of the day is P

P as...
Potty-training
I don't know if it's what I explained to him or just a step further he took but it looks like we are doing good (after a month or so). I won't get too excited but I feel confident this time and I hope he does too. We decorated the bathroom with a few printings of Mr Son with his beloved Sesame Street characters. I also made a special potty-training chart where he gets to put special Sesame Street stickers...we should make it on time (for September's Preschool).

Pacifier
We took his pacifier away at night, cold-turkey. So far so good...next step, naptime !

Patience
I haven't been a star in this field but as I tried daily to be a better parent, I realized it was one of the most important quality a parent need to have, if not the most important. It's tough, especially with more than one child, especially with toddlers or preschoolers. But I might need a special chart too. Why can't I be patient a whole day ? Do I put too much pressure on myself about schedules ? Do I have too much pressure from my husband about getting many things done in a day ? How do you feel about your patience ?

Pilates
I was so worried about not exercising in more than a year that I decided to have a 40-minute pilates workout on Sunday morning. It wasn't the best time because Mr Son was around. he showed me he was jealous, I was taking a me-time right in front of him but at least I started. I felt so good that I have to do it again even if it was painful for a few days ! Tomorrow, I'll try the Yoga workout...while he naps !

Promise
I promise to post again tomorrow !

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Patience....are we supposed to have that all day long??

Just kidding. :-) I tell my hubby when he comes home, and I don't seem to be on top of my discipline game, that I am on hour 10 of patience and discipline.

Let's see how he would do 10 hours on his own?

Great Post!!

Mandy (ZenMonkeyMind) said...

great post!

i don't think i have made it one whole day being 100% patient...

just look at it this way, we're teaching our kids that no one is perfect, not even parents!

OHmommy said...

oh hang in there,,,,

As Cape Cod Turns said...

We had to have the Binky fairy come when we took our kids' pacifiers away. I think my 10 year old would still have hers if I let her! LOL

As far as patience, that's a tough one and the promises to write every day....probably not realistic in the spring! Too many outdoor things to do!