2008-02-26

A date

I haven't blogged in ages ! Since then, a lot of subjects were worth a post, except that lack of time and headaches kept me away from my computer.
Today I spent almost 3 hours in a Toy store (but a nice one if you know what I mean !) looking for the perfect birthday gift for my soon-to-be 3-year old and spending a gift card on scrapbooking materials. The music was everywhere in the store but not the same in each area...and way too loud. So I still have a headache so I will certainly make 2 posts (the second one after ny headache is gone !).

After a nice night out with a Mom Friend of mine, I decided to also apply the "get a date with your husband at least once a month" mom 2nd commandment (spell?)so I emailed my hubby a nice Evite (with 2 hearts touching each other, very girly !) for a date together on Saturday night. He was assigned the meal while I took care of the wine and putting the kids on bed on time.

Honestly,it was one of our best dates since we are together (12 years !!). We dressed the table nicely, put some candles, the wine was great, his choice of dinner was good. We had coffee lying on the sofa, talking as we were 12 years ago (new lovers, no kids !) and talking about nothing serious like our projects or the kids. We gossiped and laughed. It was great ! So we are going to do it again and the sooner, the better.

Of course, that didn't prevent me from saying nice stuffs to me on the following morning (like "you snored all night" or "could you please put down your book so I can have some sleep, pleaaaase") but maybe after the fourth or fifth date, we will start to look at each other differently...well, I hope so !

3 comments:

OHmommy said...

What a nice date night you had with your husband. Perhaps I should send mine an evite as well. :)

Amy said...

This is a great date idea! My husband and I have a weekly date, and we usually do something very simple and inexpensive. One of my favorite dates is when we pick up a bottle at the specialty beer shop and play card games.

I will steal your idea. I think it is great!

Marie around the World said...

Yes, OHMommy and Amy, try the Evite. It makes the date official and you can send it anytime !!
Besides, the first time, it's really a BIG Surprise !